London Life

My post's have been few and far between recently as I am currently on my placement year in London. Unfortunately, so far the position hasn't left me much time to blog. Although, my placement has it's positives as I am based in London (which is one of my top cities in the world).

One thing I love about working in London is the diversity. Down from one of London's biggest tourist attractions, St Pauls, is the business persons habitat. For a "Square Mile" within the City all you see is a wave of suits. For miles you find this interesting mix of office buildings and historic old buildings with hidden churches and historic statues.
This area within the city of London never ceases to amaze me.

You have some of the best independent  bars, restaurants and sights you could ask for, along with the massive chains like dirty martini, burger and lobster, ping pong and Be At One (the best cocktail bar chain ever!). I have listed some of my favourite places to wile away my lunchtimes.

1. My absolute favourite lunchtime destination is No 1 New Change. 
A small shopping centre to spend your lunch hour mooching around. This shopping centre is best known for its famous rooftop bar with beautiful city sights, Madison Roof Gardens. 
However, the best thing about this shopping centre is the monthly food market they have! Every Friday they have a small food market selling sweet treats and pastries to tide us over for the afternoon, and once a month on Wednesdays they have a larger food market, selling exotic native dishes of France, 
Greece, 
Canada,
Portugal, 
India
and many more. 
Doughnuts filled with some of the strangest fillings you can imagine (including custard) and fudge of some incredible flavours (with Daim Fudge being a personal favourite).
This stall that resembles a French patisserie do the best sweet treats at reasonable prices (for London) with a cookie bigger than your face for £2.50!!
This is one of the stalls a frequent more often with my love of quiche becoming a real issue.

Alongside are healthier dishes like fitatta's and salads.

This year saw the centre's 5th birthday; so the market today was enormous! If you happen to be in London I definitely recommend the slight detour to buy goodies at this market!

2. My second favourite lunch destination is Bow lane.
Bow lane sits next to Mary Le Bow Church off of Cheapside. This little alley is famous among those that work in the area for being home to a number of great places for lunch/breakfast, as well as hosting great views of St Pauls and a historic feel.
Bep Haus (on the left) does authentic Vietnamese food at decent prices (for London).