21st antics and a rotten spoiling

Last weekend I returned home from my exchange for an early birthday weekend as it's my 21st during this week.
I literally had the biggest spoiling ever! It was the nicest weekend, I had such a busy and pampered itinerary. 
It began on Thursday on my early return from France, this was my most relaxed day where I just chilled out at home, until my Grandma came round in preparation for her to come to the theater to see War Horse(adapted from Michael Morpurgo's story) with the rest of my family.
It was a lovely evening and the show was just as amazing as everyone has said. The puppetry is absolutely fantastic, and you completely forget that the Joey isn't a real horse! It's not as heartbreaking as the film version. Our seats had an excellent view and I saw this as an occasion to break out my new leather, 60's inspired, burgundy mini dress from Pull&Bear.
(Image from PullandBear.com)
Friday, I had a full body massage, which was an event in itself. I had never had a full body massage before so this was an experience. As far as I was aware, until the moment I walked out the door, I was having a back and shoulder massage as my shoulders had tightened up due to my commute across Paris. I got there nervous as ever and the masseuse took me into the room and told me she'd be back when I had "popped off my things". HANG ON WHAT?! I stood there for a good 10 minutes, totally dumbfounded at whether I took E V E R Y T H I N G off, or just my top. I didn't want to scare my masseuse or make a typical rom-com mistake, so settled at just taking my top and shoes off. Then panicked and took my leggings off too and laid on the bed under my towel. This is the way I was supposed to do it (luckily) and my masseuse didn't get a fright! The massage was heavenly, I was so comfortable, I could have stayed there all day, but that apparently wasn't an option. Then I was whisked off for a pub lunch, in a quaint, local, countrified pub with my Mum and Nan. 
Once my boyfriend returned home I was whisked off to London for dinner, cocktails and the cinema. Once again I was sporting my new staples, my Zara roll neck jumper and Zara coatigan, with a Topshop quilted lilac mini skirt and my prized Mulberry Bayswater.
We went and watched The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 in Leicester Square and then onto the newly opened Bubba Gumps for dinner and cocktails. It was the nicest evening and I left stuffed and tipsy, with my Bubba Gumps pint glass in tow. 

Saturday, I was treated to afternoon tea with my Aunt, Nan, Mum, Grandma and Boyfriend at La Meridian Hotel in Piccadilly, London. It was absolutely divine. Naturally, as British as we are, we all chose the Assam Tea, so that it was just a fancy twist on our normal English Breakfast. The service was attentive and the decor simple but effective, with white walls with spalshed with the sticking 'Affinity' photography collection by American photographer Brad Wilson. 

After this I returned to home to my other Grandparents, presents, curry and more cake. And what other theme could you want for your pretend 21st but that of the latest Disney Classic, Frozen (There's no such thing as too old.)
Then once I returned to reality in France for my real 21st birthday, I went out for my French favourite, in the best moulerie in Rennes, L'Abri du Marche.