2016; a year to progress.

With the new year well in it's swing and with lent starting tomorrow everyone is still maintaining their resolutions or given up and falling into the despair of being broke and cold. Instead of giving up things, why don't you take up some of the below things and change your ways?
I have found a few "New Year, New You" ideas to maintain and help your well being and add some spice to your year.. 

Plan your life
Buy a Filofax/diary and plan ahead, giving yourself something to look forward to to get you through the winter months. Writing it down makes you feel more organised and as though you have done something.

Travel more
Last year was a great year for travelling (some of the photos are very seasonal-a result of a lot of winter adventures) for me but this year is set to be better and I'm so excited!! Why not plan a few new places to go to this year. I've given myself the challenge of 25 countries before I'm 25. Why not plan a trip? Get that travel bug and fulfill your wanderlust.

Take up a hobby/course
I wanted to expand my horizons this year and develop my knowledge, so I downloaded earworms to learn a new language. I also signed up to wedding and event planning course. I can't wait to get started! I red Katie Fforde's Bridal Season recently and loved it, the idea of wedding planning and having an impact on so many people's big day! As my grandma has once said "the moment you stop learning you should just give up". In some ways I think that is a good mantra, no one ever knows everything and to constantly developed yourself allows you expand your horizons and increase your understanding.

Follow that gym fad

Almost the whole population goes fitness crazy in the new year and the gym's become the most popular place for all of January is on the treadmill or in a class. But doesn't it actually feel good after that workout, instead of going wild for a few weeks go a couple of times a week and keep it up for the rest of the year, it gives you energy and motivates you to kick start your day. How about do a run for charity to kick start your reason for training (I do one every year, with the pictures above being from last year's race for life). It's a great way to get yourself training and is normally quite fun - especially the mud runs!

Cook for yourself
Following on from the fitness focus, why not cook something for yourself? Even if it's the new fad of courgetti which is painfully easy or something fancy like a seafood lunch? A fresh outlook on food can freshen up your new year or add some spice to it. 
 

Let out your inner Jane Austen
Reading is a big part of my life, I love it. Why not this new year try and find your creative side...instead of being arty how about putting a pen to paper or finger to keyboard and see what comes out. You may be surprised.

Re arrange/decorate your room
Start the new year with a clearer room and clearer mind, I've been getting inspired by Pinterest. You don't have to have a complete bedroom haul over but maybe just a clear out or adding a few new finishing touches. My room has had a slight re-vamp with adventure themes items.


Spend some family time
Blood is thicker than water and family are always here, why don't you take the time out to spend some more time with parent, siblings, grandparents etc. Maybe find out some interesting stories from their past which gives you a better view at their background and life. You'll be surprised what anecdotes you find out.