Mini magic

The mini skirt has always existed and can be seen in ancient Egyptian drawings on the women and men, however did not shoot to it's height of fame until the 1960s with the help of Mary Quant's skirt length experiment in "Swinging London" and further increased its appeal with the increasing popularity of André Courrèges' Mod look. 
Although the favoured hem line changes season to season, the mini skirt is always present and has become a wardrobe staple (along with the LBD) for 20th century girls, teens and women.

Although the mini is currently rivaling it's extreme heights on our thighs as the 60s, it will hopefully avoid the pleated disaster of the 90s micro skirt, that we all loved so at the time, but hated after. ??Introducing the new reign of the more flattering, micro-mini skirt.??

Like many other girls, I am guilty of owning wayyy too many mini skirts, all for different occasions-varying from A-line to pleated, straight to asymmetric and bodycon to skater; leather to wool and quilted to embellished. You name it I own it. Which results in an abundance of us having to prime our pins to ensure we can whack out any of our growing collections of minis. Here I thought I would show y'all my standard mini-priming method as they're almost a staple of my wardrobe.

So lets start with my pin preparation...

I swear by my Soap and Glory Flake Away Exfoliator which is £8.00 in Boots
Obviously, I do what any girl braving a mini will do and shave (but AFTER exfoliation to prevent irritation and rashes). I love the Venus Razors, especially they're Olay collaboration and their pro skin razor which moisturises whilst shaving, two birds with one stone! Although these razors and heads are slightly pricey at £10.99 for the razor and £10.99 for a pack of refill heads in Boots, though I believe it's totally worth it. I have rather sensitive skin and tend to get shaving rashes but these razors are my fave as I don't seem to get rashes with them. 
If I'm really planning my time before the leggy event then I will use the Soap and Glory Sit Tight Super-Intense 4-D Firming Lotion, which is absolutely fabulous! You use it twice a day in the build up to make you feel more confident about exposing thighs which you may not normally show. 
It boasts best results after 14 days, however 4/5 days in and you can actually see results. I find this the most amazing product for events when I really want to show my legs off! It's retail price is £18.00, but it's entirely worth it as its almost a miracle in a bottle!
Then obviously the day before and day of I fake tan! Who doesn't?! Depending on how dark/realistic I want to be. I either use St Tropez which is a gradual gel but has amazing colour and stay! 
£20.00-£25.00
Or if I fancy being cheap and only want a short-term tan I use St Moriz foam, which is about £4/£5 but washes off after a couple of days, but provides a really intense colour.
£4.00-£5.00
Or for a really quick almost immediate colour I use Fake Bake Airbrush Self-Tanner. It's easy to use as you just spray it on and if it looks a little dewy then blend it in, but otherwise you don't need to touch it and get tell tale orange palms.
£27.95
The St Tropez and Fake Bake I have never paid full price for (I'm a thrifty student and can't afford it) but have managed to be lucky enough to find them in T K Maxx.