'Tis the season to be scary

So this is the time of year when teens, children and adults spend almost a month deciding what to wear to do the annual scare. For those of us above the "child" label the hardest decision is whether to scare or bare. As Mean Girls once correctly said "In the real world, Halloween is when kids dress up in costumes and beg for candy. In Girl World, Halloween is the one day a year when a girl can dress up like a total slut and no other girls can say anything else about it."
Therefore, as it's acceptable to bare all (nearly) most people do, but what if you don't know what is acceptable for the place you're spending halloween? I've been stuck with the dilemma this year of what is acceptable for where I'm going. Last year I spent it at my university and knew that the majority of my friends were going pretty far out on a combination of scare and bare...even the boys!
But this year I am not at my university, nor am I sure of the full situation where I am going. I've been told to not go anywhere near as far out as last year as very few people wear costumes, but I don't want to do the typical (and obvious) zombie school girl; so I've been looking at my wide range of alternatives. I've been relying heavily on good make-up tutorials so I can wear a more normal outfit and still scare, but bare a little too. What my hardest choice is, is I'm doing a couples costume this year (Very exciting, I know), but I can't think of any that aren't too out there... 
So I began thinking about pair costumes, as my nan has an abundance of handmade costumes due to her seamstress abilities. So I was thinking about the typical superhero pairs (Superman and Wonderwoman), Pirates, Mr & Mrs Voorhees etc 

But then I found the most amazing Halloween makeup tutorials on YouTube with a costume makeup account called "MadeYewLook by Lex"... So now I'm looking into the below options for my couples outfits:

Frankenstein and his monster:
The best thing about her looks are that you can still look good, even if you're playing dead!

A Zombie and it's victim...

Or my ultimate favourite the Addams family, with 'MadeULook Twice' by Lex and her Wednesday Addams tutorial; this is perfect as it's still creepy enough for Halloween, but you wont be splashing on the costume and standing out too much.
So Happy Halloween and I'll let you know what my ultimate decision ends up being.