Topshop interviews

So I've just recently had an interview at Topshop, however, in preparation for this I struggled to find anything helpful online or anywhere and if I did it was well out of date. I was so confused. What would I be asked? What should I wear? How will it work? To prevent others from this same issue I've chosen to blog about my interview.

It was the first round of interviews, post application, so it was a groups interview. The group was of about 12 people however not everyone attended and we were left with 9. We waited in the reception of the flagship store on oxford street, and we're very lucky to be in a friendly group. I was rather worried it'd be like trying to join the plastics in mean girls.
The interview was about 2 hours 30 minutes and consisted of an icebreaker, a store floor exercise and an outfit creation. After these group exercises there was a one on one question sessions to allow the company to obtain the relevant information.

The number one most important thing was what you wore and how you presented yourself. Everyone at the interview was wearing jeans, not ripped, but girls in the Joni jeans of any and every shade, and the boys in the spray on skinny jeans, mainly black. Then the rest of the outfits were very self-expressive. Everyone was in predominately the topshop/topman brand. It wasn't like a normal interview, no blazers were needed. My outfit was Joni jeans (£40), a floral crop (£15) and Matalan sandles(£18). 


I hope this gives an idea of what to wear for interviews in the future. 

Good luck xoxo